Visiting Young’s with social distancing
When visiting Young's, please keep the following policies in mind:
- Effective July 14, 2020 all wine tasting will be outdoors on a first come basis
- Enjoy the gardens and vineyard views at one of our outdoor tables
- You may bring your own food to enjoy in our garden and picnic areas with a wine purchase.
- Social distancing is required. We ask that you please stay at least six feet apart from other guests.
- All guests will check-in at outdoor tasting bar before being seated
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in and upon request.
- Pets, please check in at the tasting room first.
- Please stay out of the fenced area around the pond.
- Please do not leave children unattended.
- No climbing on rock walls, do not remove rocks from the walls.
- Beware of Rattlesnakes.
- BBQ's not allowed.
- We don't allow unauthorized use of property for photo shoots, organized gatherings, etc.
- Please check in at Tasting Room when arriving at Young's, the grounds are for customer use only.
- We reserve the right to close early due to special events at Young's Vineyard and in the Shenandoah Valley.
- $5.00 per person tasting fee, will be refunded per purchase/per person.
- Limo's and buses are by reservation ONLY.
- Parties of 6 or more people require a reservation in advance.
- All sales are final.
Industry Discount Policy
Reopening Safety Statement
- Young's Vineyard provides discounts only to employees and owners of other Amador County tasting rooms.
- Young's Vineyard provides a 30% discount.
- A business card and I.D. OR a copy of a recent payroll stub is required to receive the discount.
- Only the employees or owner of the tasting room is eligible for the discount.
- Tastings are on a first come basis - In order to provide distance between visitors, we need to manage our limited space. To ensure we follow all the necessary steps to safely serve our guests, tasting is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Purchases and Wine Club Pick-ups - Reservations are NOT required for Wine Club pick-ups and purchases. Pick-ups and purchases are available Thursday through Sunday during business hours. Please check in with the tasting room associate.
- Face Coverings - Our staff in the tasting room will be wearing face coverings if serving within six feet of guests. This is in accordance with the CDC’s guidelines.
- Daily Health Screenings - We will be conducting daily health screenings that will include temperature screening and/or symptom checking of staff safely and respectfully, and in accordance with any applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Staff Education - All staff members have taken a training class for COVID safety procedures and have a signed a COVID-19 safety compliance agreement.
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- We will continue to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., door handles, cash registers, workstations, sink handles, bathroom stalls). Clean shared objects (e.g., payment terminals, tables, countertops/bars) between each use.
- Hand Sanitation stations are available at the entrance and upon request.
- Staff is trained on proper cleaning timing and procedures to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants.
- Staff use gloves when removing garbage bags or handling and disposing of trash.
- We will continue to follow all required safety laws, regulations, and rules.
Call the winery if you have any questions regarding our policies.